Dr. Basile, who is known to his patients as “Dr. Joe,” was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska. He completed his undergraduate studies at Montana State University in Bozeman, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical sciences. He graduated from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry in 1994 with high distinction. He was elected into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, a national dental honor society open to the top 10 percent of each graduating class. Following dental school, Dr. Basile completed a two-year residency program in pediatric dentistry.
After practicing pediatric dentistry for four years in Minnesota and Oregon, Dr. Basile decided to return to the University of Minnesota to pursue a second residency program in orthodontics. He now practices exclusively as an orthodontist. He is a board-certified orthodontist and a certified Invisalign® (invisible braces) provider.
Dr. Basile enjoys sports, particularly hockey and football. He also enjoys exercising, reading, watching movies, listening to music, and riding his motorcycle. He lives in the Prior Lake-Savage area, where is he active in the community. He also enjoys spending time with his wife, Sarah, who is a dental hygienist, and their two children, Sophia and Joseph.
- Diplomate, American Board Of Orthodontics (ABO)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, Minnesota Dental Association (MDA)
- Member, Minneapolis District Dental Society (MDDS)
- Member, American Association of Orthodontics (AAO)
- Member, Minnesota Association of Orthodontics (MAO)
- Member, Midwestern Society of Orthodontics (MSO)